The following is a set of basic principles which we worked out at our first meeting on 5th November 2011:
- We are a network of Travelling and settled people, working together to promote and effect equality between Travelling and settled people.
- We are committed to principles of mutual aid and solidarity.
- We believe in everyone’s right to a home and a way of life. We fight for freedom of movement and the right to stay for everyone.
- We use Direct Action as a central tactic. We support and work with a diversity of tactics.
- We will resist evictions and other expressions of violence and discrimination against Travellers, Roma and Gypsies.
- We see ourselves as part of the antifascist movement and the wider struggle against racism and class oppression.
- We do not aim to duplicate or replace other organizations and networks with similar goals. We have done and will continue to cooperate with such groups whenever relevant.
- We believe that the current political and economic system plays a central part in shaping the way Travellers experience oppression today.
- We are committed to educating ourselves and others as part of our political work.